About marriage mentoring
Under current trends, young people marrying for the first time face a 40-50% risk of divorce in their lifetime. In a fast paced world of short cuts and instant gratification, Pre-Marriage Mentoring is the step that makes sense — yet it’s the step that most couples avoid.
Marriage Mentoring can’t teach you how to be married, but it will give you a solid advantage. Pre-marriage mentoring is our passion — we’d love to help you experience deeper intimacy. Read about our approach.
Jim and Sheri Mueller Co-Founders, Growthtrac Ministries
What is pre-marriage mentoring?
Pre-marriage mentoring is about spending structured time with a more experienced married couple, tapping into their insights and experience.
Our Approach is relational. To get the most from our sessions, we’ll meet in a safe, comfortable environment and help you identify expectations and objectives for our time together. Using the Prepare-Enrich assessment, we’ll identify your strengths and growth areas; you’ll be better prepared with a more realistic outlook, higher confidence and tools for the future. Jim and Sheri typically meet with couples for 5-6 sessions, but that number can be extended.
Topics we’ll cover
- Building awareness of growth and strength areas
- Aligning expectations
- Transitioning from singleness
- Working through in-law conflict
- Identifying tools and resources
- Developing marriage skills
- Spiritual Discovery — what do you both believe?
- After you’re married, where do you get help? Building a support system
- Negotiating pre-wedding planning conflict
- A Resource Provider
- a Model
- Pointing the way
- Interraction that imparts experience, wisdom and discernment
- A person investing time in you
mentoring is not…
- Partnering with a parent
- Partnering with a friend (on a social level)
- Necessarily long term
- Advice from a perfect marriage