There’s a word God had been tossing my way — immunity. I kept asking him, “What do you want me to do with immunity?” I finally figured it out while working on a project that required me to consider how I would counsel a friend or colleague who’s fallen into sexual sin.
God was reminding me of this truth: There is no such thing as immunity from sexual sin.
No one is immune . . .
No matter where we are in our spiritual journey, if we’re married, we need to pay heed to the fact we’re susceptible to temptation. Subtle Holy Spirit nudges — like the yellow flags officials toss onto a football field — can alert us to when we’re walking down the wrong path. We have a choice: We can ignore these warnings, or we can put up a protective net and move away from a dangerous situation.
So ask yourself the following:
- Do I feel closer to my spouse today than yesterday?
- Do I think about someone of the opposite sex more often than my spouse?
- Do I share lunches or dinners with someone of the opposite sex?
- Do I have meetings by myself with someone of the opposite sex?
- Do I flirt with someone who is not my spouse?
- Do I extend touches on the hand, arm, or shoulder to someone of the opposite sex, or allow them to touch me?
Copyright © 2016 Sheri Mueller, Growthtrac Ministries