Christian Marriage Counseling Near Me
When we are struggling with life, we often look to professionals for help. When those professionals trained in psychological counseling also share our faith in God and commitment to Biblical teachings, there is a common ground established for mutual understanding and insight. Christian counselors who share our trust and reliance on God for wisdom, direction, healing and the power to make positive changes help us by directing us back to our God.
Marriage Counseling Referrals & Indexes
- Focus on the Family — locate a counselor
- Theravive — locate a counselor
- American Association of Christian Counselors — locate a counselor
- Blair Counseling Services — a Chicago-area counseling practice
- Compass Counseling — a Chicago-area counseling practice
- National Institute of Marriage-Focus on the Family — Events, workshops, and conferences.
- Reignite Marriage Intensive-Smalley Institute — A 2-day marriage intensive.
- More Intensives
Recommended for You
Understanding Counselor Distinctions
Professionals can have a variety of educational backgrounds and practice emphases. Here is a brief synopsis of some the more common ones:
Education Doctoral Degree —These clinicians have achieved the most advanced level of education available, which is usually signified by the initials Ph.D., Ed.D., or PsyD. Master’s Degree —These clinicians have completed a graduate degree, usually identified as a M.A., M.S., or MFT
Types of Counselors
- Psychiatrist —This person is a medical doctor who has completed advanced training in mental and emotional disorders. This professional may prescribe medication and typically is more focused on managing medication than on providing talk therapy.
- Psychologist —This person has a doctoral degree but isn’t medically trained. He/she may be specifically trained in testing but will also conduct traditional therapy.
- Licensed Professional — These clinicians have at least a master’s degree and have completed supervision requirements for licensure in their field. Different types include
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist —specifically trained in marriage and family therapy; views an individual in the context of his/her relationships
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Pastoral Counselor
- Unlicensed Counselor —Usually a trained counselor, lay counselor or minister. Unlicensed does not necessarily indicate the absence of clinical therapeutic training —the individual may or may not have some level of training. Unlicensed means that for whatever reason they have not completed the licensing process
DISCLAIMER: Referrals from Growthtrac Ministries are not employees of Growthtrac Ministries, unless specifically stated, but do possess the required credentials that permit us to feel comfortable referring them to you. We encourage all potential clients to do their own investigation regarding a particular referral source. Growthtrac Ministries does not warrant the accuracy of the information contained herein nor the effectiveness of the referral source’s work and shall not be held liable for any reason for any action or inaction on the part of our referral sources. Please report all errors and inactive links immediately to Growthtrac Ministries. The information contained in this website is for informational purposes only.
Growthtrac Ministries provides links to these and other websites. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the content of these websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products or content of these websites or of any other third party websites. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.