6. Study the Word of God concerning sexual purity. Therefore putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the Word implanted, which is able to save your souls. - James 1:21
7. You must destroy any pornography in your possession. You can't wean yourself off pornography. Think of the hidden pornography in your home as a ticking time bomb that will ultimately destroy your family.
8. You must learn to flee temptation. Self-deception may enter when you think you can play with fire without getting burned.
Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not proceed in the way of evil men. Avoid it, do not pass by it. Turn away from it and pass on. - Proverbs 4:14,15
9. Give yourself time to work through the process of recovery. More often than not, God chooses to take us through a learning and growing process, that can be very painful. Victory over addiction should be viewed as a marathon, not a sprint.
10. It's cliche, but you must approach your addiction one day at a time. Look for little victories and rejoice in the progress you're making. Recovery is a cinch by the inch, but a trial by the mile.
Used by permission of New Life Ministries. New Life Ministries has a variety of resources on men, women and relationships. Call 1-800-NEW-LIFE or visit www.newlife.com.